Endearing Young Charms
I want to share with you a new series of hand-painted, handmade necklaces
for Art-o-mat. The series is called Endearing Young Charms.
Here are some glimpses behind the scenes of my creative process.
Believe me, if all those endearing young charms,
- Which I gaze on so fondly to-day,
Were to change by to-morrow, and fleet in my arms,
- Like fairy-gifts, fading away!
Thou wouldst still be ador'd as this moment thou art,
- Let thy loveliness fade as it will;
And, around the dear ruin, each wish of my heart
- Would entwine itself verdantly still!
It is not while beauty and youth are thine own,
- And thy cheeks unprofan'd by a tear,
That the fervour and faith of a soul can be known,
- To which time will but make thee more dear!
Oh! the heart, that has truly lov'd, never forgets,
- But as truly loves on to the close;
As the sun-flower turns on her god, when he sets,
- The same look which she turn'd when he rose!
- - by Thomas Moore, Irish poet, 1808
- The Music
- If you have never seen The Andy Griffith Show episode with Barney (Don Knotts) and Rafe Hollister (guest actor and singer Jack Prince, II) please enjoy this family favorite:
- Here is a beautiful setting performed by violinist Jenny Oaks Baker: