Students in my Mondrian class may enjoy these resources to further their education:
- Lovely, mesmerizing video featuring Mondrian's body of work over time.
- Fun fiction mystery about the theft and forgery of a Mondrian painting.
- Kindle book by Calosse on Mondrian's life and work
- Hard copy book by Hans Jaffe on Mondrian's life and work
- A discussion of differences between Modern Art and Abstract Art.
- A blog post with Mondrian's work illustrating his Wikipedia entry.
- Khan Academy's SmArt History short video on Composition in Brown and Grey, from 1913
- Khan Academy's SmArt History short video on Composition no. II, Red and Blue, from 1929
- The Art Story page on Mondrian, his works, and additional resources
- Commentary on Mondrian's Victory Boogie Woogie, unfinished, 1944
- WikiArt page on Mondrian, with his chronological paintings, styles, and genres
Post a Comment